College Athletic Centers
Check Out Some of Our College Projects!
College Athletic and Multipurpose Student Centers
College Athletic and Multipurpose Student Centers are social hubs where much of the student body in higher education institutes coincide. These facilities usually house sport courts, weight rooms, dance rooms, and multipurpose activity spaces. Planning and design of one of these facilities is a monumental task. Abacus is here as a resource to address any sports surfacing needs.
Abacus Sports Installations and its over 25 years of sports flooring expertise is here to help you accomplish your project. We have experience with college weight rooms, locker rooms, multipurpose courts, basketball, volleyball, dance rooms, and more.
Abacus is here to provide your facility with the optimal sports and athletic surfacing to fit your facility’s needs. Our pad and pour polyurethane systems offer superior resilience, slip-resistant properties, and durability.
- Resiliency for comfort and injury prevention
- Seamless, non-porous and smooth surface for easy maintenance, repair and the ability to be resurfaced
- Contains recycled content and renewable raw materials
- Water based finish virtually eliminating VOC content
- Outstanding mechanical strength and outstanding wear resistance for minimum life-cycle cost and maximum usability
- Urethane and underlayment can be adjusted to fit the needs of the facility
Wood Multi-Sport Courts are a great option for the traditional aesthetics of a gymnasium. Some of the great benefits of wood flooring, but not limited to, are;
- Safe guards the well-being of the athlete
- Passes ALL global performance standards worldwide, including the stringent MFMA 3rd party certification, PUR, which is strongly governed by the MFMA
- Continuous interwoven subfloor design is perfect for carrying heavy loads
- System “bottoms” out on itself during heavy rolling or static loads
- Elongated anchor slots allow lateral movement to reduce build up of stress, maintaining structural integrity
- Anchored for dimensional stability and uniformity for long -term superior game play
- Computer-assisted manufacturing technology for quality assurance
Designed with “fitness for a purpose,” the dense, resilient Regupol Aktiv surfaces allows for maximum comfort underfoot & absorbs the shock of training impact.
- Customizable by:
- made of 100% post-consumer tire & post-industrial EPDM rubber.
- five year warranty
- Tiles: 24″ x 24″ x 1.0″ Rolls: 4′ x 50′
- GreenCircle Certified.
- Aktiv can help qualify your facility for LEED credits.
AT740 V-Max Agility Turf
Artificial sports turf is a great option for a team weight room or strength and performance facility. By adding an agility/sports training area, athletes can optimize their training for both strength and cardiovascular performance. Turf is ideal for any facility looking to maximize space by creating a multipurpose training area.
- Fabric Width: 12 & 15 Ft.
- Material: Polyethylene and Nylon
- Pile Height: 3/4″
- High performance
- No rubber infill
- Virtually maintenance free
- Consistent performance over time
- Strong enough for sleds