A church fellowship hall or recreational space is one of the most challenging spaces to design. Why is it difficult? It’s the extensive checklist. The expectations for just a church recreation floor go something like this:
A church recreational floor should…
- Have a warm and inviting look, preferably wood grain.
- Be designed for sports and recreation, which means adequate shock absorption and ball rebound, plus optimal surface friction and vertical deformation.
- Handle tables and chairs for meetings, meals, and events.
- Not show dirt, because it’s cleaned by volunteers who might miss a day or two.
- Transition between sports and events quickly, with minimal effort and staff.
- Occasionally, or permanently, double as a sanctuary floor, hosting weddings, baptisms, or funerals.
Now, if you are thinking about flooring options that match this list and already feel anxious about threading the needle, there’s no need to worry. Abacus Sports is a provider of Tarkett’s Omnisports floor, which is one of the rare options that meets all of these common church requirements and more. Omnisports is a wood grain patterned vinyl that is versatile, easy-to-clean, and designed for physical activity.
Although church designs can be challenging, they can also be the most rewarding. With Abacus and Omnisports in your back pocket, your clients will be grateful for a floor that meets the “checklist” with ease.